And this is me...
I just recently quit my day job and eliminated all those stressful, busy, and crazy days out of my life. Now I can breath and enjoy life. Life is AWESOME!!! We need to appreciate so many things we have, each and every day! I believe if you are a positive person and you look for the good in people, your whole life will change and you will be so happy! Life is so short, live it to the fullest! Life has dealt me with a bad set of cards lately, but its all about your attitude!
I am the youngest of 5 kids. I have the world's greatest parents, who would do anything for anybody. They have been married for 37 years...YES 37 years!!! And the remarkable thing is, they are still so head over heals for each other. Its got to be the cutest thing! My dad has taught me so many things through the years but most importantly the way a man should treat a woman. He has been such a great example of providing for he's family and never giving up. Growing up, I would hardly hear the words "I love you", he liked to show us how much he loved us by giving us the things we needed. My mom wouldn't let a day go by that she wouldn't say "I love you". If we ever wanted anything, mom was the one to go to.
My oldest brother, Travis, lives in Germany and is a crew chief on a Blackhawk for the Army! How rad is that? Travis has a such a great sense of humor! He can get anybody on the floor laughing so hard that your insides literally just hurt from laughing so hard. When he's around, there is never a dull moment. You have to be careful what you say to him because he might just play a joke on ya! He comes off like he's such a tough guy, which he is, but inside his soul is the biggest teddy bear!! He treats he's girlfriend, Claudia, so good!
My oldest sister, Stephanie, lives in California. She married her best friend Collin. I've known Collin my whole life and consider him one of my brothers. He takes care of me just like Travis and Trey do, by picking on me and giving me a hard time. Which I LOVE!! Steph and Collin have 5 remarkable children. Each one has a different personality and brings so much to the table. Caleb (10) is such a great big brother, he does anything he can to help out. Nathalie (9) is my little sister that I always wanted! When they come to UT, she sleeps with me and we can stay up all night just chitting chatting about life. I adore those times. Corbin (7) is such a sweet guy! He loves to cuddle! Copper (4) has complete control of the house! When he wants anything...he gets it! Don't you even think of messing with him. And then there is Miss Abrie (2) who is the queen bee! She just loves to talk.
My youngest sister, Mackenzie, lives down the street from my parents. She married her best friend Sean as well. Sean grew up in our neighborhood and would pick on Mackenzie, he actually ran her over on his bicycle once. But after they grew up one thing lead after another and they feel in love. They work hard for what they have. They like to play golf and camp during the summer. They have a shit tzu, Wickett. They consider him their kid. He's a cute dog!
My youngest brother, Trey, is in Afghanistan fighting for our freedom. He is a Military Police K-9 handler for the Army. He has always been the sweet boy that everybody loves! He can get along with anybody, all the kids love him. He likes to get down to their level and play with them. Well his been on this deployment, its been fun to be able to use technology to its fullest. Since I have the iphone 4, I can skype on my phone. Its really convenient for Trey to just call and talk to me. Its been really fun. Its like he's just around the corner when really he's clear across the world. We have been able to get really close these last couple of months.
Then there is ME!!! Ashlie, Sassie, or Idgie. I like to have fun and laugh. If I have to pick a color, its going to be PINK!! I love PINK!!! I'm a complete girly girl but also can get ready in 5 minutes and not have a care in the world of the way I look. I served an LDS mission in Berlin, Germany. That was the BEST decision I made. Serving a mission, taught me so much about life. It made me grateful for things I left behind. I didn't realize how much I had until I didn't have it for 18 months. Those 18 months, I was able to learn so much that I wouldn't have been able to learn if I didn't go. I will never regret my mission. I have been very fortunate with the opportunities presented to me. I am a hard worker, dedicated, smart, and strong willed individual. When I want something I will do whatever it takes to get it. I've always been able to make friends easy and have a fun time. Last year, I thought I found my "happily ever after". But after 6 months of being married and trying to work things out, it just wasn't working out. I finally decided to walk away from the abuse I was receiving. I was completely heart broken, ashamed, and devastated. But I knew I was worth more. I just want all you women out there to know, you are worth so much!!! And you deserve so much!!! Please don't settle for nothing less than that. Nobody needs to feel like they have to put up with the abuse or get treated that way. When I walked away, I knew I wasn't ever going back. Yes, it was the hardest thing to do. I was a complete mess. I loved being married and waking up to him. But the way I was getting treated, wasn't worth it. And to imagine raising children with him...I couldn't have done it. I don't know how or why but I have so much confidence in myself that I know I can do anything. That confidence I have for myself is what got me through the roughest time of my life. I knew it would all work out and it was for the best. Now I am finally at the peak of the mountain!! I feel like i've gotten some of my spice back. Yes, there are still tough days but totally due able. Now i'm trying to simplify my life and be grateful for everything that I have been blessed with. There is so much in the world to be happy about. Don't waste your time on being miserable and unhappy when you could be having the time of your life!! PS...people will enjoy being around you more!!

That is me in a nut shell....maybe a big nut shell....but nonetheless a nut shell. I hope you enjoy reading the thoughts and journey of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment