Thursday, September 29, 2011

MOTHER: Who loves unconditionally.

How do you define your mother?  What qualities does a woman need in order to teach children to have faith and to base their decisions on gospel truths?

My mother:  "She is kind, she is smart, and she is important!"  She has taught me how to laugh and to serve others.  She is an incredible person and I know Heavenly Father is very proud of her and loves her dearly.  I'm so blessed to have her as a mother.  The things she has taught me are priceless.  

Some of the qualities I think of are - Patience, understanding, lead by example, dependable, and honest.

Alma 56:45-48 & 57:21 - Heleman's stripling warriors did obey their mothers with exactness.  Their mothers taught them not to doubt and to have faith.  The stripling warriors were willing to sacrifice so much for others because they knew if they obeyed and have faith, they would be delivered from God.  


What does "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" say about a mother's role?  

Mother's are to nurture their children and stand by their husband as an equal partnership.  

How can these principles help you in your life today and help you prepare to be a faithful woman, wife, and mother?  

I may not be a wife or a mother yet, but I do have some great cousins, nieces, and nephews that I need to be a great example to.  Having faith is the first principle of anything.  You first have to believe in it or not, and that will determine your outcome.  If you don't believe in yourself, how are you ever going to accomplish anything?  When you believe in yourself, than you can accomplish so much!!  I know through my faith that I will be able to become the person the Lord expects me to become.  Sometimes i'm terrified and scared but then I just do it and I end up loving it!!    Faith, for me, as never been hard.  It makes the most sense and really easy to test.  I'm grateful for the testimony faith has given to me.  Faith has strengthen my testimony in so many ways.  I remember when I was filling my mission papers out, I was still on the fence about going or not.  But once I filled them out and gave them to the bishop, it was the right thing to do.  Peace over filled me and I knew I was suppose to serve the Lord.   
                                                        Keep the Goal in MIND!!!
                                 
PS...Papers have been signed!!!!  YIPPA DEE DOO DA YIPPA DEE AA!!!!!!!!  Things are finally looking good for me!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment